Asians! Are you aware of a wonderful association devoted to your housing needs? It the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) and it was founded in 2003. It’s a nonprofit trade organization that promotes Asian-American home ownership by advocating on behalf of real estate professionals that serve this community. Its goal is for every Asian-Pacific-American (APA) individual or family to have the opportunity to own their own home. To that end, AREAA publicly advocates a number of national policy positions to remove barriers preventing members of the APA community from achieving home ownership. At the same time, AREAA seeks to increase the commercial opportunities for real estate and mortgage professionals serving the APA community.
All sorts of professionals in the real estate industry become members in AREAA. For instance, if you have some San Diego real estate for sale in the city’s Chinese district, you would probably choose from a number of brokers who belong to AREAA. Members include not only real estate agents, but also a broad array of mortgage and housing-related businesspeople. It is the sole trade organization whose only purpose is to serve the APA community across the nation. AREAA includes members of many nationalities and backgrounds who all believe that Asians deserve the chance to own a home in this country.
Here is a partial list of how you benefit by becoming an AREAA member:
- Free access to a service that allows you to fax documents to any email address worldwide
- A free listing and profile in the Default Services Directory, assuring you visibility among asset managers and industry leaders
- Free updates about pending legislation that might affect you
- Issue-exchange opportunities for members of the APA community
- A national convention and expo devoted to real estate professionals serving the APA community
- Free subscription to Asian Real Estate magazine, which covers in depth issues regarding trends and developments in the APA housing community
- Free newsletters with the latest news and gossip
- Free invitations to partner events
- A chance to hobnob with industry leaders and other influential people at events across the country
- Free inclusion in the Membership Directory, allowing to promote your business and attract referrals
- Access to development and educational opportunities, including continuing education
All of this for only $99 a year membership dues – a true bargain!